Set your limits!
In addition to the mandatory gaming limits required by French law, Winamax provides a NUMBER OF EXCLUSIVE OPTIONS to help you better manage your money and playing time.
If you would like to view, set or modify your gaming limits, you must first log in to your account.
You can view your gaming limits directly from the Winamax software. Simply select “My limits” from the “My account” menu.
You can modify your gaming limits at any time (with the exception of auto-exclusion).
For any reduction of, or restrictions added to your gaming limits, the changes will come into effect immediately, or after restarting the Winamax software.
For all increases in gaming limits, you will have to wait 48 hours before the changes come into effect.
Which gaming limits are obligatory?
The following limits are required by law:
- Maximum poker balance
The amount you specify here is your maximum account balance. Any winnings that cause your account to exceed this amount will automatically be withdrawn and transferred to your bank account.
- Minimum automatic poker balance withdrawal
This is the minimum amount of money that will remain on your account in case of an automatic transfer due to you maximum poker balance amount.
For example ,say that you have set your maximum poker balance to €1000. If in you next session you win a nice tournament and your balance goes up to €1500, you would normally be reduced to €1000. By setting a Minimum automatic withdrawal amount of, let’s say, €600, you will have to win an addition €400 before your next automatic withdrawal.
- Maximum weekly deposit amount
- Maximum weekly wager amount
This rule was borrowed from sports betting and applied to poker by our regulator. Because it is a rule designed for betting and not for poker, we recommend that you choose a high value and use the other responsible gaming tools to manage your gaming.
- All wagers made at the tables during the week are included and are deducted from your limit: cash game buy-ins, Sit & Go and tournament registrations, rebuys, etc.
- Any amount you may win is not taken into account in this limit.
Additional gaming limits made available by Winamax
- Maximum total deposit amount (€) (per day, per week, per month)
- Maximum per deposit amount (€)
- Maximum number of deposits (per day, per week, per month)
- Maximum loss amount (€) (per day, per week, per month)
- Maximum cash game stakes
- Maximum tournament buy-in amount
- Maximum connection time (per day, per week, per month)
Once you have reached this limit:
- If you are playing in a cash games, you will be automatically disconnected at the end of all current hands in play.
- During tournaments, you will only be disconnected after being eliminated from all the tournaments currently in play. You will not be able to register for any new tournament or make rebuys or add-ons.
- You will receive a warning message 30 minutes, 15 minutes and 5 minutes before being disconnected.
Other important information
- To learn more, check out our pages dedicated to RESPONSIBLE GAMING.
- If you or someone close to you may be at risk of becoming addicted to gaming or is already a problem gambler, please contact us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- French residents can seek help from a specialist in gambling addiction by calling +33 09 74 75 13 13.
- If you would like to self-exclude yourself from Winamax, temporarily or permanently, click here.